These brownies have a delicious chocolate flavor along with just a hint of peanut butter and hazelnut flavors. The ratios I finally came up with make a chewy, fudgy brownie that stays together well when cutting.
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp peanut butter (chunky, smooth, whatever you have on hand)
4 tbsp Nutella
Ed. Note: You can also double this recipe and bake it in a 9×13 inch pan.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8×8 inch or 7×11 inch pan with baking parchment paper/tin foil or butter the pan.
2. Measure the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Stir the sugar into the melted butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Put the Nutella and peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave until runny (about 30 seconds). Fold into brownie mix. Barely mixing creates streaks of peanut butter/Nutella flavor, but you can completely mix for a more uniform taste.
5. Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until top forms a crust. A toothpick should come out mostly clean, with maybe a few crumbs hanging on.