Monday, May 10, 2010

HALLO INTERNETS

I'm back! I survived finals and am now chilling at home sweet home. I've actually been done for over a week. I'm a slacker, I know.

Yesterday was Mother's Day! So, I hugged my Mom gave her a tree peony and a regular peony, and fixed her neck! What's the difference between a tree peony and a regular peony? Well, for starters one is $60 the other is $25. Wow. All because one has a woody stem and the other doesn't. But both are beautiful! And I lucked out since I found both with buds still forming, so we get to enjoy their flowers!

I also fixed my mom's neck, at least temporarily. She had a neck spasm weeks ago at work when she turned too quickly to pick up a file from a cabinet behind and below her. The weird thing is that the pain is not in her neck muscles per se, but in the small muscles that attach her head to her neck. I've been working all week on her shoulder and neck pain, so she could finally localize where the pain originated from. The human body is a strange thing.

Finally, I've been playing Bioshock! I know it's relatively old, but it's still an awesome game. I'm about a third of the way through and thoroughly enjoy the story and mechanics of the game. My only gripe is the weapon switching system. I find it annoying that I can't instantly switch from melee to ranged weapons when fighting. Trying to bludgeon something with your chemical pack is difficult and stupid. But this is a very minor gripe and is mostly likely due to me being unexperienced in this type of game.

Plus, Big Daddies are TERRIFYING.

But so much cuter in LEGO!

1 comment:

  1. What caught my eye in this post was how you took care of your mother's spasm injury. There is a Prophetic saying in Islam that states "paradise lies under the feet of your mother."

    Proud of you - and yes, you are a slacker.;)

    ReplyDelete