Monday, November 17, 2008

Little joys are the best

Today was a good day. While it was insanely cold after a beautiful past week, the sky was still blue. I got actual work done. Which isn't getting done now since I'm currently composing this blog post. But whatever.
I derived a lot of happiness from just little mundane things I did today. I vacuumed my room and did my laundry. Mundane, huh? But I really like the feel of freshly-vacuumed carpet and the lovely warmth of clothes that the temperamental dryer actually decided to dry this time. I worked on a lab for geology, a class in which I enjoy the lectures but loathe the labs. But I savored the quiet of the library, with only the occasional rustle of papers and zip of the backpack.
By the way, isn't the zipping sound of the backpack the most annoying thing when it's dead silent?
Oh, and I learned that one of my favorite sayings, "meh" just got added to the Collins English Dictionary. The dictionary defines "meh" as an expression of indifference or boredom, or an adjective meaning mediocre or boring. Examples given by the dictionary include "the Canadian election was so meh." It became popular after a Simpsons episode. Crazy.
But I digress.
Get out and enjoy life. Or stay in and enjoy life. Just enjoy life, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment