Friday, March 27, 2009

Personalized advertising? Maybe...

I glanced at the side of my Facebook page today. You know, the place where there are ads targeted towards you. Facebook is very specific since you can input all sorts of demographic information that the ad companies love. I enjoy trying to figure out why I'm being targeted by specific ads. It's what I do.

Here's today's:

Queen's Student Storage

Duh. Term's ending soon and we need to put our stuff somewhere.



Two Sketchy dating sites

Okay. So I'm single. Big whoop. It's not like I'm desperate enough to click on these links.



Furnished 5 bedroom homes. In Edmonton.

I live nowhere near Edmonton. WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO LIVE IN EDMONTON?



Classical Masterclasses


I played the violin once upon a time. I think it's still listed in interests.

Meh. According to my ads, I'm a Queen's student, desperately single, looking to move to Edmonton, and needing to improve my violin skills. Not terribly accurate.

You don't know me! And I intend to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment