Tuesday, April 21, 2009

School's out!

YAY! I survived my first year at university. And, I'm pretty sure that I passed all of my exams. This is an excellent feeling and makes up for the anxiety and nail-biting that accompanied exams. Now, my only concerns are packing up my room to move out and using up my meal plan. The first must happen, the second is never going to happen. I have over 50 meals left and only three days to use them in. Unless I ate myself sick (highly undesirable) I wouldn't finish off my meal plan. Oh well.
Packing is kind of depressing. My walls are bare, my cupboards are empty. I recycled a ridiculous amount of paper. The fact that this year is over is finally hitting me. At the same time, though, I am totally stoked to move into a new house. I'm living with some good friends not too far from campus. I'll actually be on my own, as opposed to the semi-autonomous living I've been experiencing in residence. I'll have to cook, clean, and take care of my room. In rez, meals were cooked for me, cleaning involved vacuuming every once in a while, and anything that broke would be fixed with a quick chat with the janitor. The odd thing is, I'm looking forward to the increased responsibility. It will mean that I can survive on my own, that I'll be able to take care of myself in the future. This is a profound realization.
One thing that I hope never happens occurs in this hilarious webcomic, Johnny Wander. Written by Ananth Panagariya (also of Applegeeks) and illustrated by Yuko Ota, it is a comic about life after college, being a kid, growing up and all the people you meet and all the things that happen in that brave new world.

Or it might be about something else entirely.

Check out the ant related horror at:

http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/59

This crow has nothing to do with the ant horror. I'm not sure why it's the mascot of Johnny Wander. In fact, there is no Johnny Wander in the comic. Unless John's last name is Wander...meh.

1 comment:

  1. i like the crow. I like you. I finished my meal plan, hah! Although it works entirely differently. We should hang out.

    ReplyDelete