Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Would John Quincy Adams LOL?

So, today was pretty awesome. One of the first news stories I read was that the Massachusetts Historical Society will be making John Quincy Adams' diary a twitter account. Apparently, the late president made very concise diary entries. For example, from August 15, 1809, "Weather fine-- wind scanty. Lat: 44-13. Long: 53-40. This afternoon I found the Caboose on fire."

HE FOUND THE CABOOSE ON FIRE

This is a man who has mastered the art of the understatement.
Follow his tweets at http://twitter.com/JQAdams_MHS

And in other news, I have rediscovered that I really love the Beatles' Yellow Submarine Movie. I watched it with subtitles on for the benefit of my friend who speaks English as her second language so that she could get the puns. And, I discovered a few puns that I had missed before I watched it this time around. It was awesome.

And, I discovered BACON BANDAGES. Not actual bacon acting as a bandage (that would be silly) but bacon-printed bandages. I MUST AQUIRE THESE!

baconbaconbaconbacon

You can get them yourself at http://fredflare.com. This site has many amazing discoveries for you to peruse.

No comments:

Post a Comment