Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vegas, baby

So, my family went on a wonderful trip to Las Vegas. I did not gamble, nor did I have any desire to. But, I saw many wonderful things, especially in nature. We did trips out to Red Rock Canyon and the Grand Canyon. Both were beautiful. You know intellectually that the Grand Canyon is really big, but don't really appreciate it until you stand near the edge and see it for yourself. However, on the whole, I enjoyed Red Rock much more. The Grand Canyon is now much to commercialized. Red Rock had a nice quiet scenic loop with spots for picnicking and looking out over the red rocks. I saw an intrepid bicyclist and someone hiking in the desert. I salute them.

Eagle Point. See the eagle?

I really liked the desert. Where I live has such humid summers, it was great to be in the dry heat. 105+ degrees? No problem, as long as there is a breeze.
I also got to see LOVE, the Cirque du Soleil show featuring the Beatle's music. I love the Beatles and their music, and owned the music before seeing the show. The performance was spectacular, showcasing both the performers' talents as well as the music. I highly recommend both the show and the album. You will love how they have taken the old music and transformed it while keeping true to the original spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment