Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Day in the Life...

I'm very sorry that I haven't been posting more often. To give you an idea why, here's a typical day in the life of an Engineering Chemistry student.

7:30 AM (or really, 1 hour before my first class, no matter what time): Alarm sounds. Wake up!
7:35 AM: Mute alarm. Snooze for another 10 minutes
7:45 AM: Shower, grab a quick 5 minute breakfast
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM: Lectures/Labs. If not in either one of those, eating Lunch/reading for class
5:30PM-6:30PM: Post-school doldrums. Completely unproductive while snacking/watching TV
6:30PM-7:30PM: Theoretically: Homework-first wave
Actually: Procrastination while thinking "I should be doing homework."
7:30PM-8:30PM: Dinner! A perfectly good excuse to not be working on schoolwork.
8:30PM-???: Doing homework/labs. Start off with things due next week and get a decent beginning. When nearing the ??? mark, realize "OH CRAP THIS IS DUE TOMORROW" and quickly hammer something out (usually finishing something you started last week or studying for a quiz that you completely forgot about)
???-7:30 AM(or one hour before first class)

And the cycle repeats.
As you can see my day consists of eating, sleeping, and schoolwork/procrastination.
I am feeling pretty tired since ??? fluctuates between from before midnight to 2 in the morningf. But then, I get into science-mode and sciencey stuff appears in my labs (and I end up getting good grades). My friend put it this way:

"You are a computer. Usually functionally retarded, but feed enough crap into you and stuff happens"

Yeah.
In the meantime, enjoy this xkcd comic about scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment