Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lost in the stacks...

As I write this, I am sitting in the bottom floor of the Engineering and Sciences Library on campus. My intention when I journeyed here was to get a real, physical book (I know, shocking) in order to get some research done for a design project.

I ventured down and was immediately confronted by rows and rows of books. I knew the call number of the book I was looking for, but it was nowhere near the call numbers that I could see. I set off in the direction that looked most promising, yet did not appear to be getting closer to my goal. I nervously changed directions a few times and got hopelessly turned around.

Suddenly, the letters corresponding to my call number appeared in front of me. Rejoicing inside, I ventured into the row and found the ancient text I was searching for (published in 1955 don'cha know). I snatched up my prize and started to venture out. But, I cannot find the exit. I pass by a woman who is in at least her forties and fear starts to well up inside. What if that is me, in the future? Libraries are known to bend the space-time continuum, existing in L-space (Pratchett fans will know what I'm talking about).

I am now at a study desk and am nervously looking around for hints toward the exit. I don't have my charger for my computer, so if I never post again, you'll know where I still am.


Help...

No comments:

Post a Comment