Thursday, October 21, 2010

Well look at me getting up on my soapbox...

Sorry for two political posts in a row, but I had to share this.

Someone has been fired for saying bigoted anti-Islam remarks. No, it's not who you think, or perhaps hope it would be (cough, FOX, cough). See the full article at the BBC here.

Basically, a (previously) well respected NPR news analyst went on the O'Reilly Show and said that he got nervous if he saw obviously Muslim people on a plane. Juan Williams used to be all about non-discrimination and civil rights. But apparently only for African Americans. Not for everyone.

NPR, and I must say that I adore that organization, promptly ended his contract. One step in the right direction in ending the double standard that exists when it comes to Islam vs. any other minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment