Monday, January 18, 2010

So I saw Avatar

And it was awesome. That is all.

...

You're still here. Fine, I'll give an actual review then. Mostly, I'm just agreeing with critics and with myself from a few posts earlier. The script was lacking, the acting okay. Sam Worthington's American accent was mostly passable, but he slipped into an Australian one about 2/3 of the way through. It's a bit jarring. But the technology used to create the images is amazing. It is a sensory feast. The tiniest details are not overlooked. Tiny images on background computers? Check. Random fauna reacting to the protagonists? Check. And the realism is astounding. For a while, I forgot I was watching a computer generated scene. The only reality check was the fact the Na'vi have tails.

I'm actually kind of excited James Cameron is planning on a sequel. With all of the framework in place, it would be a shame to let it go to waste. But, for the love of all that is good in film, do NOT let him anywhere NEAR the script. He can go nuts with everything and anything else. Just not the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment